Experienced Accounts Receivable Specialist needed, full-time.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Monitor status of accounts and open claims for assigned client(s)
- Work client aging report for unpaid patient balances and unpaid/underpaid claims
- Answer incoming phone calls to resolve account issues and patient account questions
- Correct and/or re-route practice/internal staff posting and coding errors
- Prepare accounts for collections action with collection agency
- Assist with other projects/duties as needed
SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Excellent communications skills
- Phone and customer service experience
- Billing knowledge of ICD-9 and CPT codes as well as payer payment policy interpretation
- Strong attention to detail skills
- Basic Windows computer knowledge.
COMPUTER EQUIPMENT AND SOFTWARE REQUIREMENTS
- Experience with Microsoft products; Windows, Excel, Outlook, and Word
- Experience with a medical billing system preferred
- Experience in NextGen Enterprise, NextGen Office, and Epic practice management software preferred
- Internet use required
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Minimum 2 years experience in either medical billing or health insurance claims processing.
- High school diploma or equivalent